Sunday, October 5, 2014

Etsy Day In Nanaimo - A Big Success!

Well, as it turned out, 'Etsy Made In Canada Day' was a big success.  We had over forty Vancouver Island Etsy vendors participate and over twelve hundred people show up to the event.  Twelve hundred!!  There were so many people that most had to wait an hour or more to get in!  Needless to say, if Vancouver Island participates in Etsy Day again, (which I hope we do) we will definitely need a larger venue.  But I must say, other than that, the Nanaimo Museum was a very classy, warm and inviting venue to hold our first ever Etsy market.  We had several people comment on how impressed they were overall.

Here is a snapshot of our own A2Sea Creations table...

Micki of A2Sea Creations at our first, ever 'Etsy Made In Canada Day' Market in Nanaimo, BC


And my co-partner and pal, Cheryl...

Although Cheryl and I both decided that this will likely be our last market, (it's a lot of work and we're not getting any younger!) I still intend to get involved in helping organize and publicize any future Etsy Day Markets that might come up in the future - if I am able to at the time, of course.  I really enjoyed the process and I learned a lot.  I also got to meet, and am still getting to know, many of our wonderfully creative and innovative Vancouver Island Etsians in the process... a delightful perk.  There is sure a lot of talent on this island... and very nice people as well.

One thing I have to say about getting ready for this market is that it really motivated Cheryl and I to start making some new seaside creations.  Here are a few examples of some of the items we made for the market...
Getting Ready for our 'Etsy Made In Canada Day' Craft Market - A2SeaCreations on Etsy


Our newest Seaside Magnets sold like hotcakes at our 'Etsy Made In Canada Day' Craft Market - A2SeaCreations on Etsy



 Cheryl's New Original 'Doodle Art' 

Needless to say, September was a whirlwind of activity for Cheryl and I and, although we were pretty pooped at the end of it all, we had a lot of fun. 


No comments: