Monday, April 17, 2017

Old to New and Back Again!

Strange title, you may be thinking.  I agree.  But it should make sense soon enough. 

Up till now, we at A2Sea Creations have been creating everything and anything beachy - from 'Mermaid Treasure' to the ever-popular 'Message in a Bottle' to our 'Beach Wedding Ring Bearer's Box', to mention just a few.  We've even added a new, quirky and quaint twist to our 'Seaside Earrings'.  But we have really created new waves these days and steered our boat off course a little from our usual coastal persuasion.

For as long as I have known of its existence, I have been a devoted fan of shabby chic décor.  I have always veered toward the antiquated, anyway.  I especially love European architecture with its curly-cue flourishes and time-worn peeling paint.  If only those ancient walls could talk!  Anyhow, with my bent toward dated treasures, shabby chic just seemed to fit right into my wheelhouse.

We have not steered our ship completely away from its original course, but we are not going to fight against the tide of our new passion either.  The name of our new line is 'Chic Boutique' by A2Sea Creations.  At the moment, we have just a couple of shabby chic products in our online gift shop, but I am also very excited to announce that we have a few more of our new items in a wonderful local shop called Mercedes Lane on Craig Street in Parksville, BC on Vancouver Island.  The shop is chock full of 'yummy' ladies fashions and gorgeous shabby chic furniture and home décor.  I don't expect I will come away with a profit seeing as I can't seem to resist the temptation to indulge myself when I'm in there.  It is certainly my kind of place.  The moment I grace its threshold, I am hooked.  Ah well, a girl's gotta shop, right?

I am attaching a few photos showing some of our 'Chic Boutique' treasures.  Feel free to 'pin' them if you like and we are also open to suggestions of what else we could create. 

It is such fun to turn something old into something new and then distress it to make it look old again.  Seems like a funny pastime.  But it is certainly fun and rewarding.

Be sure to check out Mercedes Lane.  You will love it!  Say hi to the girls from Micki.  And take a moment to 'like' them on Facebook














No comments: